The foundation builds on its core areas through the following programs:
- Maximize the capabilities of leaders in data collection and analysis, technology integration, application of the discipline of Communication with an inclusive leadership.
Diversity, Inclusion and Equity
The PIVOT accelerator is an inclusive learning experience that maximizes the skills of its participants. Promotes the acquisition of strategies and skills through project-based learning that contribute to the development of organizational sustainability. The goal is to expand the growth of the collaborative economy.
The PIVOT accelerator team of instructors deliver synchronous and asynchronous sessions from a virtual space. A group of mentors guide participants through each step of the process that includes the design and creation of a micro project based on a prototype, and a pitching experience through a podcast episode.
ChangeMaker Passport - Provide job internship in and outside of Puerto Rico for future leaders. Participants will gain experience in the areas of data management, research, digital culture, podcast and diversity, inclusion and equity approach in participating nonprofits and social enterprises.
Social Xchange - Offer a cultural, research and philanthropy experience through learning and exchanging working models with proven results in social impact and digital communication approach. For researchers and leaders in national and international destinations.
The ChangeMaker Foundation is committed to the professional development of work teams that lead non-profit organizations or social enterprises. Get to know our portfolio of impacted entities since 2021. They are our Leading Pivot seal.
Description: Botica del Bosque is a community-based project run by women. It aims to educate and train the community of women in the agroecological cultivation of traditional medicinal plants and in the preparation of derived products.
- “With the knowledge we have about the properties of medicinal plants, we can educate and share what nature can offers us. Botica del Bosque in Jayuya, is an initiative lead by women. Its goal is to provide health and wellness to the communities. Support this great initiative!”
Description: The library has continuously worked with marginalized populations from Dorado and island wide to enrich educational opportunities. They have expanded the reach by creating and maintaining ten satellites libraries that serve rural and undeserved areas.
- “Exploring, dreaming, and traveling to a world full of imagination through books is what The Jane Stern Dorado Community Library is all about. Its digital membership system provides an automated and virtual registration service that allows personalized support to community members.”
Description: This social business is an interactive digital platform guide that offers information for children’s and family about events and services in Puerto Rico.
-“Create recipes with the little ones had never been so much fun, until Horneando con los Nenes came along! Adjust the aprons, prepare the ingredients, and enjoy with family and friends the taste and deliciousness of desserts, appetizers, and simple dishes without much complication in the kitchen.”
Description: The program fulfills an essential function of closing the food insecurity gap through different initiatives inside and outside the university to ensure food for those students in need and encourage them an active and healthy academic experience.
- “The love of our project was born from the heart of those who serve and prepare food. COMESA’s mission is focused on providing hot meals and eradicate food insecurity within the institution and communities. Helps us stop hunger!”
Description: Develop agriculture in Puerto Rico through education in which everyone in a community should have food security based in organic and health foundation originated from a sustainable organic farming.
- “Supporting Puerto Rican agricultural products is essential for modern and sustainable agriculture, since is an inexpensive and healthy way of life. Be part of the movement and help Visit Rico farmers in San Juan to mobilize the dream of having a healthy agricultural foundation.”
Description: A faith-based project focused on the awareness mental health, wellbeing, and peaceful living within the community in Loíza.
- “Promoting mental, emotional, and comprehensive well-being is essential to avoid excessive leisure violence, school desertion, addictions among others. The importance of providing psychoeducation, creative spaces and activities helps to reduce levels of poverty in the community. Centro Ishi support the community at no cost. Get to know our efforts and benefits!”
Description: A platform that shows the history and methods used by artisans in Puerto Rico with a modern, creative, and accessible approach through a multimedia content, as well as promote events and educational experiences.
- “Obras del País rediscovers the passion for Puerto Rican culture through the artisan heritage. Its mission is to preserve and share stories of Puerto Rican artisans unveiled from a multimedia angle with a great audiovisual approach. Learn more about our artistic heritage!”.
Description: This project is focused on the LGBT+ community for elderly, with centers in San Juan, Cabo Rojo, Maunabo, Isabela and Loíza.
- “In Puerto Rico there is plenty of talented people with good opportunities for socio-economic mobility. Supporting the work of our artisans network it will provide free sources of funding that can reinforce our mission and vision. Visit Descúbrete and support our local artists!”
Description: The foundation offers tours visits in historic áreas in Old San Juan, La Perla and Puerta de Tierra.
-“Enjoy a well deserved vacation in Puerto Rico and live unforgettable moments in the most beautiful beaches and iconic places, while Old San Juan Foundation ensures you have the historical experience with a lot of tradition!”
Description: This project was born from the heart of Ángel Darío Carrero and the other Fransciscan Brothers. Their labor of love has transformed the community, specially the children and youth of the Sabana Seca neighborhood in Toa Baja. Their services strengthen existing skills by providing academic support, psychological therapies, assessments and subcultural workshops.
- “Supporting the community is the best reward that anyone can have to achieve a healthy coexistence. At Niños de Nueva Esperanza we promote this environment with dedication and trust. The support to our work is creating a hopeful Puerto Rico.”
Description: This project has a philosophy in defense of human rights for older people.
-“Elderly people deserve respect, equal opportunities, and quality of life. Envejecer en Armonía offers care and educational services to older adults so that they can have a comprehensive and healthy life. We invite you to learn about our very interesting conversations where professionals share knowledge and information through the creation of our podcast, Envejecer con Armonía.”
Description: Fe que Transforma leads social assistance programs with community impact that reaches more than 500 Viequense families. A socio-economic and community development integrates the mission of meeting the needs of food, communications, health, clothing, lighting, wáter, training and education, and spiritual and emotional support.
-Vieques “Isla Nena” known for its people, beaches, sunsets and its exquisite gastronomy, receives unconditional support of Fe que Transforma. Their purpose is to promote our sister island with the intention to develop a healthy and revitalized population.
Description: La Corporación de Servicios de Salud Primaria y Desarrollo Socioeconómico (EL OTOAO – COSSAO) is a non-profit organization that seeks to transform the health, education and socioeconomic development of the residents of seven communities in Utuado, Ciales and Jayuya so that they can be self-sufficient sustainable.
- “Health is important and depends on how we support the mind and body. Communities can avoid the risk of health conditions and lack of nutrition. COSSAO has an important role in promoting health and improving eating habits. Learn more about the program!”
Description: Organization that provides basic services to vulnerable communities in the Vega Alta area. It has several resources that support multiple needs through its community impact initiatives.
“COASI is always present when people need the most. We are blessed to impact with love communities and to serve them through out programs and projects. People who want to support us are always welcome.”
Description: Program that offers psycho-social and educational services to children and adolescents and their parents in rural areas of central PR.
Description: Supports and encourages the professional development of its members, in order to achieve the highest standards of quality through library services.
reorganize its social media strategy to leverage donations, and raise awareness of its offerings.
Description: Entity with over 72 years of service that has offered integrated and specialized services to people with Intellectual Disabilities, including youth, adults and seniors. These integrated services include housing, food, nutrition, clinical services, education and recreation, among others.
Description: Organization that promotes the improvement of the quality of life of adults with intellectual disabilities, through the creation of direct service programs that promote their visibility, integration and inclusion in the community.
to develop a survey to understand the use and management of Professional Social Media by AMSI partners to better market their networks in light of the changes in people's reach post-pandemic.
Description: Organization that provides employment and training services to youth, adults, displaced persons, veterans, and social security disability beneficiaries.
Description: As part of the Center's services is the Library, which specializes in the Social Sciences, focusing on poverty, community development, women, urban planning and ethics. Its mission is to offer information services to the community through specialized collections that foster research and project development.
Description: Entity dedicated to impacting communities throughout the Island, facilitating access to food, primary clinical services, and basic needs.
"We give out blessings to people in need, our motto: We offer you a hand."
Description: International network committed to the conservation of Caribbean birds.
“Our mission is to raise awareness in the promotion of sound science and empower local partners to build a region where people appreciate, maintain, and benefit from thriving bird populations and ecosystems.”
Description: Home (Shelter) for boys and girls who are victims of trauma due to mistreatment and who have been removed from their homes by the Department of the Family. Minors are provided with all essential services for their development and growth.
“Boys and girls have access to all kinds of services which help them endure and grow healthy as well as raise their self-esteem so that they can have a sense of love and prosperity.”
Description: The goal is to create a space for cultural and educational experiences that provide children, youngsters, and adults with the opportunity to develop creative skills through fine arts, the promotion of reading, and environmental conservation.
"The idea is to be able to make activities in the Botanical Garden premises with the intention of educating about the importance of the environment, at the same time children and adults have contact with nature, with earth."
Description: This entity is committed to the conservation of the environment in Puerto Rico, seeking to promote a sustainable future by taking responsibility for natural resources and their protection.
“With more than forty years working together with other organizations for the protection of natural resources in our islands, we have identified a common goal for all Puerto Ricans committed to conservation.”